6 Step to clean your carpet
1. Vacuum your carpets frequently. To protect your carpet, vacuum entrance areas and high-traffic areas twice a week and the rest of the carpeting at least weekly. Oily soils attract oily soils, and frequent vacuuming will reduce soil being accumulated
2. When vacuuming it is important that you DO NOT speed. Vacuum slowly enough to get out as much dirt as possible. Make one quick pass over low-traffic areas and two slow passes over high-traffic areas. Two slow passes removes ground-in dirt more effectively than several fast passes.
3. It is important to use walk-off mats both inside and outside to keep dirt off the carpeting. Coarse-textured mats outside your doors remove soil. Use water-absorbent mats inside prevent wet shoes on the carpeting.
4. Don’t dig or scoop food spills. Digging or scooping can work the stain into the carpet. If there are solids on top of the stain, use a spoon or dull knife to carefully scrape the food toward the middle of the spill and into a white towel and then treat the stain.
5. Use soil retardants on new or freshly cleaned carpets, using the manufacturer’s instructions. Professional equipment should be used, along with the suggested application techniques.
6. Most carpet manufacturers recommend professional hot water extraction as the primary cleaning method for carpets. Often referred to as “steam” cleaning, there’s no steam involved. The carpet is pretreated with a detergent solution, and then a very hot rinse solution. It is recommended that you get your carpets professionally clean every 12 months and more frequent if you have pets and children.
Best Method for Carpet Cleaning Brisbane
Power Steam Carpet Cleaning Brisbane uses The Hot Water Extraction/ Steam Cleaning method as this most the most effective method for deep cleaning your carpets. We will ensure the job is done right so your carpets can look the best they can.
If you liked these cleaning tips make sure you follow our Facebook Power Steam Cleaning